Better Through Endurance

Good, better, best...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Try and try again....

When you don't really have anything specific to do, your day just becomes a bunch of little things that get you through and then you go to sleep...nothing really to show for it. I hate that feeling!

In the past months I have been working, raising my kids, planning a wedding for early next year, and trying to stay afloat amidst all the life changes and challenges. It's been a fun ride. I feel confident for the future.

One of my friends, and co-workers, from Final Stretch asked me the other day..."Hey Sean, tell me something about yourself that I may not know. What do you like to do in your spare time!" I thought about it for a second. It's not really that profound of a question, but you don't hear it everyday either. I told him that I really enjoyed writing, but have fallen away form it in the past year or so. He wondered why...and shared with me that he felt the same way about his drawing.

In talking with Blake about the things we loved but didn't make time to do I realized something. It isn't so much that I don't enjoy writing much anymore...I thought maybe it had something to do with trying to fit my life story on a blog post every couple days...I miss the art that I used to enjoy when writing. Typing isn't the same. I love to write, on paper with a pen (preferrably a nice rolling blue pen) or a solid pencil with dark lead. There is an art to it.

Now the question is, do I start really 'writing' again and then copy my writings onto the blog...or should the blog be a seperate thing all together!? Time will tell.

A quick thanks to Blake, though, for unknowingly causing me to think a little deeper about one of my passions! Good things.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the writing!

    I prefer writing with this sweet green Bic pen. I can't stop when I use that thing...

    Get on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steve...I have done some nice writing with a sweet green Bic! I love how the ink smears dark at first contact and then rolls into a smoother hue. The page looks very intense after some hardcore verbage is laid down!

    ReplyDelete